My son Parker is in 3rd grade. He is a boy that is very active and likes to be friends with everybody. He does pretty well in school helps his classmates and tries to make every one feel comfortable. However he is sometimes a very big goof ball.(I have no idea where he gets that.) Anyway his teachers that he had in 1st and 2nd grade would send home homework every night with him that needed to be done for the next day of school. This teacher however is a very nice teacher but she does not believe in sending kids home with homework. She gives the kids plenty of time in class to get their work done. Well this seems like heaven to me as a kid. For Parker however I think he is having issues with that concept, not that he wishes he had homework rather he does not get the classwork done at school.
We had our first parent teacher conference with his teacher this week, she is a very nice lady. We also received his report card before this meeting and it was average which surprised us. His report cards are usually excellent except the social behavior because he likes to be laughed at in class is the main problem. So I was not happy with him about his grades. Well we went and meet with his teacher and I could tell right away why he was getting the grades he was getting. She is a teacher that I feel is trying to teach the kids responsibility by telling them to do work and leaving it at that. If they don't get it done she does not keep asking them to do it. I don't feel this is bad at all, I just need to beware of that teaching concept so I can ask Parker every day if he finished his class work. This teacher likes to be friends with her students as well which I can't blame her they are a bunch of cute energetic 9 year olds. She seems to enjoy the kids very much, which is very great.
It will be very interesting to see how Parker does with this teacher all year. She Truly does enjoy him. All of his teachers have said that. Parker just needs to understand that his school work is more important then recess. Parker is a very well rounded kid figuratively not literally like myself. He enjoys pretty much every thing but reading. Which is what we make him do for homework every night for 20 minutes this year because he has no homework. Well I just kind of rambled on with some thoughts. If it made you bored or you did not like it to bad it is my blog.
--Sapp
3 comments:
I have one question about this blog. In that picture on your profile, who is that guy trying to tickle you?
I am so thrilled that you have jumped on technology bandwagon behind your mother! Ha!
This will be a great way to keep in touch with my northern grandchildren's lives
Thank you!
Shayne that is Candy's Brother Drew Adamson.
Post a Comment